Monochrome stripes of Birch and Pebble give texture to this exquisitely soft, slouchy hat. Three lines of decrease make a geometric-looking crown, while short rows subtly enhance the hat’s slouch. Pattern includes illustrated tutorials for German Short Rows and a tubular cast on. Slouch 3 is worked in the round from brim to crown using knit, purl, and k2tog/ssk decreases. The pattern instructions are written only
- 19.5 (21, 22.5) in/49.5 (53.5, 57) cm brim circumference,
- 13.5 in /34.5 cm deep in front, 12.5 in/32 cm deep at back
- Shibui Knits Pebble (48% silk, 36% merino, 16% cashmere; 224 yards/205 m per .88 oz/25 g); Abyss: 1 skein
- Shibui Knits Birch (100% extra fine merino; 262 yds/240 m per 1.76 oz/50 g); Abyss: 1 skein
- US3/3.25mm 16 in/40cm circular needle
- US5/3.75mm 16 in/40cm circular needle and set of dpns
- 26 sts & 37 rows = 4 in/10cm in k2, p1 rib on smaller needles, in Shibui Knits Birch.
- 26.5 sts & 37.5 rows = 4 in/10cm in stockinette in the round on larger needles, in Birch
For a good fit, take time to check your gauge.