Cima and Pebble work together and alone to create the shifting textures of Slouch 2. The two tucks in the crown give an unusual finish, while short rows subtly enhance the hat’s slouch. Pattern includes illustrated tutorials for German Short Rows and a tubular cast on. Slouch 2 is worked in the round from brim to crown, using knit, purl, and k2tog/ssk decreases. The pattern instructions are written only.
19 (20.5, 22) in/48 (52, 56) cm brim circumference, 11.75 in/30 cm deep in front, 10.5 in/27 cm deep at back
- Shibui Knits Pebble (48% silk, 36% merino, 16% cashmere; 224 yards/205 m per .88 oz/25 g); Tar: 1 skein
- Shibui Knits Cima (70% superbaby alpaca, 30% fine merino wool; 328 yds/300 m per 1.76 oz/50 g); Tar: 1 skein
- US2.5/3.0 mm 16 in/40 cm circular needle
- US5/3.75 mm 16 in/40 cm circular needle and set of 5 dpns
- 3 stitch markers (end of rnd + 2 for short rows)
- yarn needle
- 25 sts & 40 rows = 4 in/10cm in k1, p1 rib on smaller needles, in Shibui Knits Pebble held double.
- 23.5 sts & 32 rows = 4 in/10cm in stockinette in the round on larger needles, in Shibui Knits Pebble and Cima held together.
For a good fit, take time to check your gauge.