Refractious showcases the tonal and textural variation between different yarns and fibres. Cima combines with alternating bands of Koan and Tweed Silk Cloud for a soft, drapey fabric with subtle shadow stripes. Slipped stitches flow across the fabric, adding stability and visual unity to this generous wrap. Designed by Elizabeth Elliott in collaboration with Shibui Knits as part of their Modern Wrap Collection.
To make Refractious, you will need to know how to cast on, bind off, knit, purl, and work cables. Instructions for adjusting the length and width of your wrap are included in the pattern. The pattern also includes an illustrated tutorial showing how to work the slip-stitch cables without a cable needle. Modelled by Yanira De La Cruz, who is 5 ft 4 in/163 cm tall.
- Shibui Knits Cima: 4 skeins (shown in Crete), and
- Shibui Knits Koan: 3 skeins, (shown in Crete), and
- Shibui Knits Tweed Silk Cloud: 4 skeins (shown in Crete)
- US7/4.5 mm: 14 in/35 cm straight needles or 24 in/60 cm or longer circular (or size needed for correct gauge)
- US6/4 mm 14 in/35 cm straight needles or 24 in/60cm or longer circular (or one size smaller than gauge needle)
19 sts & 31 rows = 4 in/10 cm in stockinette stitch on larger needle with Cima held together with either Koan or Tweed Silk Cloud, worked flat and blocked
Exact gauge is not essential, but differences in gauge will affect size and yarn requirements.
Pattern PDF download: $10 USD from Ravelry. Click here to see the Ravelry pattern page, or