Sometimes all you want is some easy comfort knitting: something you don’t have to think too hard about, yet you know will give you a good-looking project you’ll use for years. Garter Puzzle Blanket is just the thing: a great expanse of squishy, woolly, garter stitch warmth that comes together into a beautiful throw with a modern, geometric style. Designed for Jill Draper’s giant skeins of Empire, this pattern has different configurations to allow you to pick and choose your size. Start with two larger pieces and add 3 or 4 mitred squares depending on your chosen size. Make yours all one colour for minimalist elegance, or play around and find a colour combination that’s completely you. To make your Garter Puzzle Blanket, you will need to know how to work centred double decreases and seam.
- A: 31.5 in x 42 in/80 cm x 106.5 cm
- B: 31.5 in x 52.5 in/80 cm x 133.5 cm
- C: 42 in x 42 in/106.5 cm x 106.5 cm
- All sizes: Jill Draper Makes Stuff Empire (100% NYS Rambouillet Wool; 1280 yds/1170 m per ~27.15 oz/ 770 g): 1 skein (skeins are dyed individually; each colour is unique)
- Versions B & C: Jill Draper Makes Stuff Mini-Empire (100 % NYS Rambouillet Wool; 213 yds/195 m per 4 oz/113 g): 1 skein each in 2 different colours (shown in Emerald and Sea Bottom)
- US 10.5/6.5 mm circular, 32 in/80 cm or longer (or size needed for correct gauge)
- 14 sts & 28 rows = 4 in/10cm in garter stitch worked flat and blocked
Pattern PDF download: $6.50 USD
Photos by Gale Zucker.